The RDNY came into being in April of 1955, when a small group of Retired New York City Detectives decided to get together for a social meeting. As a result of that meeting, the idea of forming an Association that could further assist retired Detectives with retirement benefits and to do charitable work came to fruition.
This group decided to meet again that following month to continue your efforts and also to begin a life long bond that law enforcement officers share, especially Detectives.
The RDNY Incorporated later that same year and became officially known as "The Retired Detectives of the City of New York". They adopted the motto "Fideliter Servivimus", which means "We have served faithfully". Today we serve 1400 members and we are recognized as a Fraternal Organization within the Law Enforcement Community.
The RDNY meets every second Wednesday of the month. The location varies from borough to borough. There will be notifications prior to the date.
President: John Warner
Chairman of the Board: Ken Hieb
Vice President: Kevin Schroeder
Treasurer: Rich Santangelo
Secretary: Peggy Hopkins
Historian: Hal Sherman
Sergeant at Arms: Don Alesi
General Counsel: Richard Katz
Board of Directors:
William J. Burns (RIP)
Michael Sheehan (R.I.P.)
Msgr. Kevin Nelan
The 2020.RDNY fishing trip scheduled for 5/29 is postponed.
We are looking forward to getting things going again in the near future and seeing you all at our next events.
From the PBC 10-13 club
THIS IS FROM THE HOME PAGE OF THE NYC RETIREE HEALTH BENEFITS WEBSITE
The Health Benefits Retiree client service walk-in center is closed.
Due to the closure of the office, retirees who mailed or faxed forms or correspondence March 11, 2020 or after, we cannot access or process that form. Please resubmit your documents as follows:
1) Inquiries and questions can be emailed to email@example.com
2) Forms/documents can be sent via email to NYCRetireesHBP@emblemhealth.com
Please do NOT include your Social Security number, include your Employee ID or pension number only.
3) For questions regarding the PICA prescription drug benefit program please call 1-800-467-2006.
4) If you are a HIP-HMO member turning 65 or on Medicare due to a disability, please contact HIP at (800) 447-9169 to enroll over the phone. Please identify yourself as a City of New York retiree or dependent of a retiree. For all other members enrolled in a HMO plan, please contact your health plan at the customer service numbers on the back of your ID card.
Please note that active employees can contact NYCAPS Central by:
1) Phone - 212-487-0500
Please check our website periodically for updates.
MEDICARE PART B REIMBURSEMENT SCHEDULE FOR RETIREES
MEDICARE PART B 2019 REIMBURSEMENT
Medicare Part B 2019 reimbursements will be distributed by the end of April 2020.
• For those retirees/eligible dependent of a retiree with a Medicare Part B effective date between 2016 and 2019, they will be reimbursed at the rate of $135.50 per month. ($135.50 x 12 months = $1,626 annual amount)
• For those retirees/eligible dependent of a retiree with a Medicare Part B effective date prior to 2016, they will be reimbursed at the rate of $109.00 per month. ($109 x 12 months = $1,308 annual amount)
• For those retirees/eligible dependent of a retiree with a Medicare Part B effective date prior to 2016, they will receive an additional amount up to $318. They must submit a Medicare Part B 2019 Reimbursement Differential Request Form
IRMAA 2019 REIMBURSEMENT
IRMAA 2019 reimbursements are scheduled to be issued by the end of October 2020.
• Those retirees who are eligible for IRMAA must submit the IRMAA 2019 Reimbursement Application.
• Health Benefits Program staff will be processing 2019 IRMAA forms once the Medicare Part B 2019 payment is issued in April 2020.
MEDICARE PART B 2019 DIFFERENTIAL REIMBURSEMENT
Medicare Part B 2019 differential reimbursements are scheduled to be issued by the end of March 2021.
• Medicare Part B 2019 differential payments up to $318 will be issued once the Medicare Part B and IRMAA payments are processed in calendar year 2020.
• Those retirees who are eligible for 2019 Medicare Part B differential reimbursements must submit the Medicare Part B 2019 Reimbursement Differential Request Form
• Health Benefits Program staff will be processing Medicare Part B 2019 Reimbursement Differential Request Form once IRMAA payments are issued in October 2020
• Please note that, if you are applying for IRMAA and eligible for this additional $318 reimbursement, you do not need to complete the Medicare Part B 2019 Reimbursement Differential Request Form since you will be receiving this amount at the same time the IRMAA payment is issued in October 2020.
COVID-19 or novel coronavirus affects the respiratory track and is symptomatic 2-14 days after exposure. These symptoms include, but are not limited to, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Anyone who has had exposure to an infected person and/or experiences any of these symptoms should be tested and then quarantined for 14 days. If you have trouble breathing, persistent pain and pressure in your chest, confusion, inability to sit or stand, or blue lips, you should seek medical attention immediately by contacting your provider or a telemedicine provider. If you have any symptoms, you must stay home, contact your provider, and be quarantined for 14 days.
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo recently announced a new directive by the State Department of Financial Services requiring New York health insurers to waive cost sharing associated with testing for novel coronavirus, including: emergency room, urgent care, and office visits. These actions will help ensure that cost does not serve as a barrier to COVID-19 testing for any New Yorker.
Please note if you require testing:
At the moment, tests for Covid-19 can take up to a week or more to produce results. A new test, faster than those currently available on the market, is scheduled to be released by Abbott later this week. This test will tell you if you are positive within 5 minutes and negative within 13 minutes.
There is no FDA approved treatment for the virus and the best way to combat infection is to treat the patient’s symptoms. To avoid infection, do the following:
Telemedicine providers and information can be accessed through Emblem Health’s Teladoc system. By using Teledoc, you can talk with a doctor within minutes rather than days or hours. Teladoc doctors can diagnose, treat, and prescribe medication (when medically necessary) for non-emergency medications. This includes treatments for the flu, sore throat, allergies, stomach aches, eye infections, bronchitis, and much more. The copay is $10 per consultation. To set up your account now so you can talk with one of Teladoc’s board-certified doctors anytime when you don’t feel well, call 1-800-Teladoc (1-800-835-2362) or visit Teladoc.com/emblemhealth
All of our healthcare carriers are open and operational to help you through this pandemic. Make sure you always have at least 15 days-worth of medication on hand in case you are quarantined. Remember, our Benecard mail order benefit covers 90 days-worth of medication if you wish to have a larger amount on hand.
Stay safe and healthy.
Well before the recent national health crisis, tens of thousands of people in the 9/11 Community had been diagnosed with serious respiratory illnesses and/or cancer. Doctors have warned us that everyone who has been diagnosed with asthma, chronic bronchitis & sinusitis, interstitial lung disease or cancer has a compromised immune system. They are therefore much more vulnerable to the Coronavirus than the general population. Sadly, our law firm lost its first 9/11 first responder to the virus just this past week.
Now more than ever, it is imperative that all those in the 9/11community — responders, downtown office workers, residents, students & teachers — enroll in the free nation-wide World Trade Center Health Program...even if you are currently healthy. The doctors in the WTCHP have treated more chronic respiratory illnesses than any other doctors. You owe it to yourself to take advantage of this free program.
Please watch NYU Doctor Michael Weiden, my partner Lee London and I discuss the risks to the 9/11 community during the health crisis, and why everyone should access benefits that they are owed.
COVID-19 PSA from Barasch & McGarry: Lawyers for the 9/11 CommunityPlease share this video with anyone you know who was exposed to the World Trade Center toxins and could be particularly vulnerable to the Coronavirus. Our firm is encouraging everyone to enroll in the Health Program now. We will help them enroll at no charge.
Should you or your former co-worker, neighbor, fellow responder or friend have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email at BaraschMcGarry@BaraschMcGarry.com, or we can be reached by phone at 212-385-8000. The VCF and the Health Program both remain open and so is our firm (most of us are working remotely).
I urge everyone to please take this health crisis seriously and stay safe.
The License Division is processing new applications as well as renewals online for UMOS retirees. The process should be completed online, and in-person business is generally not required.
To submit an application or renewal, the member must go to the License Division’s public website at https://licensing.nypdonline.org/app-instruction/.
Follow the instructions on the site to create an account and submit the application/renewal.
With regard to renewals, MOS should not submit their online application until they receive their renewal letter by mail.
If there are any questions, the following phone numbers and email addresses are available:
New Retiree Applications – Phone (646) 610-5536
or email --
Retiree Renewals and Extensions – Phone (646) 610-6558
Or email –
If you are in need of a critical appliance or household goods at this time — such as a refrigerator, stove, or mattress — please know that P.C. Richard & Son is up and running and can service our DEA members’ needs.
This family owned and operated business is a reliable retailer dealing in essential household goods. Joe Morrone, the Director of Sales at P.C. Richard & Son, will provide our DEA members with great service at an affordable price. His sales team is ready and able to deliver product during this precarious time.
All store managers are currently available to service our needs with the following protocols:
Store hours are 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.;
Curbside pickup available at the stores;
Curbside delivery available for you;
Farmingdale warehouse available for pick up.
Feel free to email Joe Morrone directly for any help you may need with making a purchase from P.C. Richard at Joe.firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also call his cell phone at (516) 984-6693.
Stay safe and healthy. We will get through this together.
MORTUARY ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTS
- Collect and prepare necessary paperwork for deceased patients
- Prepare identification tags for deceased bodies and body storage bags
- Direct laborers to remove the body bags to a designated storage location in the temporary
morgue or in a temporary morgue trailer
- Maintain records and the database re the storage locations of deceased bodies in morgues
and in temporary morgue trailers
- Assist funeral directors in the release of bodies and paperwork
- Liaison with hospital personnel as needed
- No lifting involved
- PPE to be supplied as needed
- Per Diem (No Benefits)
- Full time weekly schedule
- 7 Days – 3 Shifts to be filled
- 60-90 Days anticipated duration
- Immediate openings
- $50 per hour
- Former Law enforcement/Investigator/Detective experience
Manhattan based company seeks Retired MOS for driver position. Executive needs driver to and from office and residence in Manhattan, some evenings. Salary negotiable. Contact Mitch Tobin 954-695-1838 for more info.
BROSNAN RISK CONSULTANTS (BRC) IS LOOKING TO EMPLOY ON A TEMPORARY BASIS (30-60 DAYS) APPROX 10 RETIRED LAW ENFORCMENT OFFICERS TO MAKE PHONE CALLS TO POLICE DEPARTMENTS AROUND THE COUNTRY TO DISCUSS SECURITY OPPORTUNITIES FOR MEMBERS IN THEIR JURISDICTIONS. THE PAY IS $35/ HR AND THE HOURS ARE 9AM TO 5 PM MONDAY TO FRIDAY. BRC IS LOCATED IN PEARL RIVER. INTERESTED MEMBERS CAN CALL KEVIN O'LEARY 571 232 8678.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
If you need help, call someone.
If you know of someone that needs help, call someone.
If you receive care from the 9/11Medical Monitoring Services they also have outstanding social services, counseling and mental health services available.
Retired Law Enforcement for Security Position National Sites (Position Does Not Require a Firearm)
Valid State Guard License Mandatory
Multiple Locations - Scheduling Interviews for qualified candidates. Full Time or Part Time - Please Include Current Resume or Brief Bio and Confirmation of Valid State Guard License.
We are looking for Retired Law Enforcement to work Security at Retail locations. Full Time, Part Time, or Per Diem Emergency Response shifts available.
This is a high visibility, constantly moving patrol detail, requiring client engagement. Great starting opportunity for leadership positions.
● Provide an alert presence that deters violent criminal activity / Impression of Control
● Provide customer friendly atmosphere
● Customer Focus / Engagement
● Provide timely reports
● Site supervision potential
1 BLUE HILL PLAZA 14th FL // PEARL RIVER, NY 10965 // 800-590-2180 // BROSNANRISK.COM
● Must have a valid / current Guard License for the State you can work in (or be able to acquire one)
● Must have a valid, state issued Driver’s License
● A US citizen or an alien lawfully authorized to work in the United States
● Excellent communication skills
● Keen attention to detail
● Must own a smartphone for scheduling and clocking in / out
● Ability to stand and walk an entire shift
● Reliable transportation and proximity to site(s)
● Supervisory experience a plus
● Fluent in English, additional languages a plus
● Prompt / Professional / Engaged
Competitive pay rates based on experience and geography
Link to apply:
https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=994e3519- 0ccc-484a-97d5- 61839842d6df&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=290676&source=CC2&lang=en_US
Additional questions can be emailed to email@example.com
1 BLUE HILL PLAZA 14th FL // PEARL RIVER, NY 10965 // 800-590-2180 // BROSNANRISK.COM
All MOS, active and retired, who participated in the 9/11 rescue and recovery operations are strongly encouraged to enroll in the WTC Medical Monitoring Program. They are expert in assisting those who were exposed to materials that have thus far resulted in over 1700 NYPD Diagnoses of cancer. In addition, over 140 MOS have died as a result of 9/11 related cancers. Early testing, diagnosis and treatment is the key to helping ourselves and our families.
This is the main site. Please join.
The RDNY Organization is a registered non-for-profit corporation under section 501c3 of the IRS Code. Please complete the required information in the RDNY Membership Application printing as clearly as possible to ensure that your information is properly gathered for future mailings and correspondence.
IF OPENED IN ADOBE DC, THIS IS A FILLABLE FORM.
Please select this option if you are a current member in good standing with dues paid in previous years. SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION. PLEASE DOWNLOAD, FILL OUT AND SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FORM FOUND ABOVE THE PAYMENT BUTTONS ON THIS PAGE. YOU CAN EMAIL IT TO INFO@RDNY.ORG OR SNAIL MAIL IT. PLEASE INDICATE IF YOU PAID THROUGH PAYPAL IF APPLICABLE.
Please select this option if you are a NEW member, having not paid dues in 2019. PLEASE DOWNLOAD, FILL OUT AND SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FORM FOUND ABOVE THE PAYMENT BUTTONS ON THIS PAGE. YOU CAN EMAIL IT TO INFO@RDNY.ORG OR SNAIL MAIL IT. PLEASE INDICATE IF YOU PAID THROUGH PAYPAL IF APPLICABLE.
We are pleased to offer RDNY Challenge Coins for sale.
They are $10.00 per item plus shipping and availiable in quantities up to 10 per order.
For additional information contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Price for each are $10. Shipping is 1-5 items $5. 6-10 is $10.
They will also be available at the November meeting - cash, checks and credit cards will be accepted.
PO Box 3310, Farmindale, NY 11735-3310, US